- Keep with your own style. Get a cosmetic bag similar in design to the purses or bags you currently use. A cosmetic bag is a woman’s ultimate accessory and needs to fit with your entire wardrobe, or a good majority of it, not just what you are wearing at the time when picking out your cosmetic bag at the store.
- Size matters. If you already have a purse, get a cosmetic bag that is small, portable and can practically fit anywhere. Professional make-up artists and extremely fashion-minded women may need to pick size over style. The Allison Barrett Cosmetic Bag and Bloom Cosmetic Bag are brands that have enough room for most of your cosmetic items.
- Get functional with special compartments. If the cosmetic bag you choose is equipped with compartments, it will be easier for you to store brushes, concealers and other tidbits orderly and shipshape. Inspect the bag for special compartments – these are usually tough and will keep your things from getting damaged.
- Make a statement. Cosmetic bags let you travel in style since you can choose an array of designs, sizes and colors. Nylon bags are more popular because it is custom-made with three different appealing designs. You don’t want to be seen with a dingy old purse, would you?
- Overpay! You can buy a small cosmetic bag from $5.00 to $10.00 or designer bags that may cost up to a searing $100.00 or more. Some bags come free if you buy a whole set of make-up.
- Choose style over durability. Cosmetic bags need to be strong and sturdy especially when traveling. Durable types of bags include Europe/U.S. size Conversation and the Wisteria Cosmetic Bag, which is known for its water-resistant lining and vintage feel.
- Underestimate black. If you don’t have the time to take care of your bag, pick one that is easy to clean to make its shelf life last longer.
- Put everything in your bag. Choose what things are essential to you. You don’t have to bring a hundred pounds of make-up when going to a party, to work, a girlfriend’s pajama party, or even traveling. Bring the basics – like a tube of lipstick, mirror, blush, a brush, foundation or powder, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara.
Here’s a list of essentials every woman should have in their cosmetic bag.
- A tube of lipstick. It can serve as a blush on too that can make you look fabulous in seconds. If you still have space, throw in a lip gloss for that extra shine.
- A mirror, preferably flat and compact for your cosmetic bag. Double sided mirrors are available for $3.00 to $5.00. Its hard to apply make-up without seeing your face right?
- A set of brushes. These are always important for touch-ups. You can buy a complete kit filled with miniaturized brushes that costs anywhere from $5.00 to $10.00. Of course, it is mandatory that you bring eyeshadow palette that you use regularly – buy one with all the colors that you trust. Don’t buy one that you haven’t even tested on your skin. Mascara and eyeliners are also indispensable for those occasional touch-ups.
- Blush. Bringing this along might be quite tricky because most of them come in big sizes. Choose one that is light, flat and compact. This is a basic element for that natural-looking healthy glow.