I am going to take a look at both the positive and negative ideas to wearing heels and flat shoes, looking at both health and fashion reasons on both sides of the argument. Personally I prefer to wear flat shoes but this is only because I am not typically girly and cannot really walk in heels! However I am not biased because I do think heels look nicer and because of this I will wear them on special occasions.
- They make you feel more feminine.
- They look great and will add inches to your height.
- They add a special touch to an outfit that flats do not always provide. More style is given to a nighttime outfit
- You can buy from a much wider range than when choosing flat shoes.
- They are harder to walk in for some.
- The possibility of becoming unsteady on your feet is heightened.
- They can cause long-term foot problems in the future when worn often.
- They are comfy.
- They come in a range of styles and colours.
- They are more practical for walking in.
- Your feet will not ache after a long day or night out.
- They portray your correct height.
- They do not add enough glamour to certain outfits.
- They can cause foot pain if they do not have enough support.
It is a well-known fact that women have more problems with their feet than men do and many doctors put this down to the style of shoe they choose to wear. Problems such as bunions and hammertoe are an occurring theme with women and are rarely featured in men. They can be fixed but having a bunion removed is not advised so trying to keep your foot alignment to its natural form is very important.
Nobody is guaranteed to have comfy shoes and for their feet to never suffer in pain, but in general if you want to keep them in pristine condition, you should be wearing flats for as much time as possible. Save your heels for special occasions. If you like wedge shoes then this is great because they offer a greater balance between the ball and heel of your foot and will also give you some height. This way you get the best of both worlds and should hopefully have nice feet for longer.